1. The A Focus On Nature project is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland, who fall between the ages of 16 and 30 at the time of judging. Entrants aged 14 and 15 may apply for membership, but will not be eligible for winning prizes. Mentors may be assigned to anyone aged 14 or over.
2. All information detailing how to enter the A Focus On Nature project forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
3. No purchase necessary.
4. Only one entry per person is permitted per judging, which will take place approximately every six months at the discretion of the steering group. Illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Entrants may resubmit an entry for reassessment in the next half if they fail in their initial application.
5. Entries should be submitted via email, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or can be submitted via post to A Focus On Nature, c/o Opticron, Unit 21 Titan Court, Laporte Way, Luton, LU4 8EF. For viewing entries such as artwork, photography or videography, applicants must provide a valid URL on which to view their work, or send the original with their application. A Focus On Nature accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged entries, and cannot guarantee the return of the entry piece.
6. The winning applications will be chosen by the judging panel/mentors.
7. A Focus On Nature reserves the right to make changes to the judging panel at any time.
8. A Focus On Nature reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
9. If you are successful in your application to A Focus On Nature, we will notify you by post and e-mail. The judge’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Members will be notified within 21 days of the closing date of the competition.
10. By applying for membership, the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as A Focus On Nature may require.
11. Any prizes allocated will not be transferable to another person.
12. No part of any prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
13. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
14. Membership to the project includes the allocation of a minimum of one prize and/or one mentor, chosen at the discretion of the judging panel. Prizes are allocated based on the strength of the application, and the relevant area of interest. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding their decision.
15. All mentoring undertaken is completely voluntary, and shall continue for a period of no less than six months. It is the responsibility of the applicant to maintain the correspondence once it has been entered in to. All mentors are required to undertake certain responsibilities towards individual recipients. These responsibilities include sending an introductory email, answering all relevant emails fully, giving advice on careers, assisting in the construction of CVs, where appropriate providing references and recommending jobs and prospects, etc.
16. Any additional mentoring undertaken is not the legal responsibility of A Focus On Nature. This includes work experience, public or private meetings or lectures.
17. This project, A Focus On Nature, is an unincorporated association.
18. A Focus On Nature reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If we do this we will publish the amended application rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant application page.
19. All entries submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that they do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
20. Members and their entry pieces may be required to take part in publicity.
21. The winners’ name and county may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date. (Information only supplied upon written request).
22. A Focus on Nature reserves the right to reproduce any answers to sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 on their website and in future publications. Full credit will be given to the applicant. Copyright in any images submitted to the programme remains with the originator/owner and credit will be given where those images are reproduced. Permission will be sought prior to publication.
23. All contact details from section 1 of the application form will be treated as completely private and confidential and we will not pass your details on to any other company without express permission from the applicant.
24. By concurring with these rules, members’ acknowledge that details including their name, age and email address will be passed on to a chosen mentor, for them to make the initial contact. Members have the right to inform us if initial contact has not been made within one month of membership announcement.
25. Events may occur that render the project itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
26. All information shared by your mentor is completely private. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you agree not to share any personal information of your mentor, including email address, postal address or telephone numbers, without their express permission. A breach of contract will result in membership status being withdrawn.
27. Members will be informed of all events being hosted by A Focus On Nature, and have the right to attend such events.
28. Members will be informed of all other projects being hosted by A Focus On Nature, and have the right to submit entries, information and ideas to those projects.
29. A Focus On Nature is not responsible for any damage to persons or property caused through incorrect use of prizes.
30. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
31. If you are aged sixteen or under, you must seek the permission of a parent or guardian before accessing and using our website or entering the competition via an offline channel.
32. A Focus On Nature may contact applicants, members, mentors, sponsors and supporters to inform them about upcoming events, projects and notifications via email. Should you wish to remove your email address from our mailing list, inform email@example.com.